How do you pet your turkeys??

I don't currently have turkeys, but when I did, the turkey wouldn't sit on my lap. This kind of stuff is like chickens, you just have to spend time with them regularly, let them come to you, and give them treats. In moderation of course. Also, something I learned from somewhere... I don't know the particular source. Turkeys love music, and they love bobbing along with the music, this will make the turkey like you better. I have never really tried putting on music and just dancing with my turkey. LOL But I often sing well I work/feed my chickens, I remember noticing the turkey clucking along sometimes.

That is frelling adorable. I'm going to have to try the music and/or singing trick. I used to play calming music for them when they were young, but haven't for a while now. Thank you!

:lol: so it's been a bit and I doubt anyone was really interested in an update, but here's one anyway: I tried singing to them and got a funny result: they gobbled at me and moved away, giving me stink-eye the whole time. So the down side is that they're really tough critics! The up side is that it made my gender-yet-unknown turkey, Goblin, gobble, so mystery solved! Goblin's a boy!

I later tried different types of music with much the same result as my singing (which soothed my ego a bit), with the exception of Lullaby by Polina Gagarina (beautiful song -
), which mildly interested them. Or at least they came over to me for a minute and didn't appear personally offended by the song as they had with everything else I offered. :rolleyes:

They may never be "lappers," but I still enjoy them immensely. I have 4 dogs in my household at the moment, and these big feathered doofuses are so much more enjoyable!

Back
Top Bottom