How do you play with your ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Newfowler1, Sep 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Newfowler1

Newfowler1 Chirping

Jul 8, 2019
    Purcellville Virginia
    I posted up in the VA section here on BYC but little to no response. I was looking for a local group of folks near me to meet. It takes time.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia John 3:16

Yes it does! Maybe check in the chicken stock section an see if anything is happening within driving distance. Just be sure not to bring anything home to your birds!! In other words bio security!

3. quackiemama

quackiemama Free Ranging

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    you are not far from me at all. We go to some of the wineries in Purcellville. We are on the border of WV and MD and VA. Hi neighbor:D

4. FathertoFeathers

FathertoFeathers Songster

Aug 26, 2019
    Tennessee
    Mine do the same thing!

5. Newfowler1

Newfowler1 Chirping

Jul 8, 2019
    Purcellville Virginia
    Hi neighbors! Are you near Harpers Ferry? I’m from Hagerstown, I’ve traveled all around the area from PA to WV and VA. I used to ride my motorcycle all over the place when I had more free time.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    WannaBeHillBilly and Miss Lydia like this.
  6. quackiemama

quackiemama Free Ranging

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    Yes I am basically up river from Harpers Ferry but on the Maryland side. The potomac is down my driveway more or less. My address is Sharpsburg but in reality we are closer to Dargan. Do you know where Frog Hollow is? Hagerstown is very close.

Newfowler1 and WannaBeHillBilly like this.
  7. Newfowler1

Newfowler1 Chirping

Jul 8, 2019
    Purcellville Virginia
    I know exactly where Frog Hollow is!
    I ride my bike up and all around that mountain. Frog Hollow has a moonshine history associated with it. Great fun twisty roads around there.

WannaBeHillBilly and Miss Lydia like this.
  8. Newfowler1

Newfowler1 Chirping

Jul 8, 2019
    Purcellville Virginia
    My big ducks love the water hose. They like to go after the spray in the pool, bite at it and swim into the spray. Then they all get excited and all 4 swim around like madmen in the pool.

They are quite comical at times.

LilyLoo and Miss Lydia like this.
  9. FortCluck

FortCluck Songster

Sep 9, 2019
    Last night I took out the hose and sprayed it in the air then stopped, they all were running looking for the water. Then I sprayed it on the other side of the yard and they ran to it. We did it for about 15 minutes.

I give treats in the morning and at night. I throw them in the grass so they have to go and find them. Today it was grapes and peas. Yesterday it was rice and peas.

I have some dog toys out in the yard that they can play with, but their favorite thing is the hose.

LilyLoo and Miss Lydia like this.
  10. Newfowler1

Newfowler1 Chirping

Jul 8, 2019
    Purcellville Virginia
    So my little guys are now 4 weeks old I believe. Getting too big for Tupperware tubs. I set up a temporary play pen outside to get them acquainted with the big ducks.

I need a larger transition brooder/pen. Need some advice here. Four ducks. I have XL large wire dog crates I've used before but they have never been enclosed like that. Will they freak out?

I'd like to use a big playpen like thing in basement. It needs to be cheap ,any ideas??

image.jpeg I want to keep them inside a little longer in the basement as the smell in the house is getting a bit much at night. I ran out of pine chips and using straw which doesn't help.
    The big ducks now come down to the house every morning to eat my grass seed and sit with the little ones. It's cute. Probably think the food is all here lol

Miss Lydia likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: