How do you properly draw attention to your thread?

I just thought of something else and I will use your thread in the What Breed Or Gender is This? forum as an example. If you want more replies, spend some time in that forum just searching and reading threads. Try to get a feel for the people that usually reply to the type of questions you have, then tag them.
That sounds like a great idea! Some people finally did respond, after me and you talked about it in this thread. I guess talking about your thread in another thread helps too, because you may attract people that might not have otherwise seen your thread. I got most of my questions answered already, but I could look for some bantam experts who might know what breed or mix of breeds the two whitish ones are.

I figured it might be considered rude to tag a random person I've never interacted with on this site before and that they might not respond well, so I just started a conversation with a person that had answered somebody elses bantam breeds thread.

Might I suggest breaking up your posts into paragraphs or even bullet points. It would make it much easier to read, which may also help to get people to respond.
Great idea! I've done that some in the past. I didn't do that with my first post in the thread linked to above, which was kind-of a brain fart. I've done that with most of my replies since...most of them...

I figured it might be considered rude to tag a random person I've never interacted with on this site before and that they might not respond well, so I just started a conversation with a person that had answered somebody elses bantam breeds thread.
They PMed me back and then posted on my thread :) I now have all my questions aswered, except what in the world #1 and #5 are, both people who answered me in detail said they are some sort of likely EE mixes, but mixed with what, nobody knows. Oh well, it doesn't much matter to me. At least I now know that EEs are some of the broodiest bantams around, so my mother will probably have decent success when her chickens finally get around to laying!
Thanks for your help @casportpony

Back
Top Bottom