How do you sell Burrmese Peacocks to a larger public? craigslist

Good question. I posted this question a couple of weeks ago, IIRC. Because I don't have the experience with peafowl that I have with other things, I thought it would be prudent to compare the pricing of the US birds, vs. imported birds. When I found out what the domestic birds would cost, I than went to my Thai contacts and asked them what the price point was for the birds coming out of Thailand. Then we needed to cross the USDA bridge, and get that sorted out.

As it stands now, the import of Thai birds is going to be slightly more expensive, but not as much as I had anticipated. We're going that route. It is going to take some time to get it completed, but we're confident that we will have purebred Thai birds here before summer.
PD, based on what you wrote I see two problems.

1. How you will find sub type pure birds? As you wrote you don’t have that much experience in this. In Thailand many things are going on, greens form Europe are imported, mixed with Thai birds etc. and all are available. If you as an American will come they will sell you everything and you will not see it when you get young birds. Very often they are doing feather picking and then it is completely impossible to see anything.
2. USDA bridge
On the USDA web side it is clearly mentioned in red bolted letters, that it is prohibited. I don’t think such an import is possible actually. For me it looks impossible that you will get here any exception, because after you are many other people will come which want to have the same right.
Why you are not import from other places where it is not prohibited.

Hi PeaChecker,
I heard from some Thais that he sent last week green peacocks to the U.S. But now the big question what have made the USDA with the Import peacocks. It is also very quiet you can hear nothing from P.. Maybe he's sitting with the new green peacock in the quarantine station.

Bases on my knowledge, it is completely prohibited to import from Thailand and no exception is possible. If somebody did it I expet he is in big trouble now.
Regards
PeaChecker

Wow!I live right by you!But I think Tractor Supply has a livestock/farm machine bulletin board if you can't find anywhere else.
smile.png

Where might a person acquire a thai contact? I would like to acquire a pair or trio of pure greens! Any help would be appreciated

Where might a person acquire a thai contact? I would like to acquire a pair or trio of pure greens! Any help would be appreciated

Due to the bird flu it is prohibited to import peafowls form Thailand to US. You have to contact “Pfauenfreund” see here https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/736439/official-stud-book-pmi-tn-for-pavo-muticus-imperator. He has imported pure once from Thailand. He will have probable some offsprings this year.
An import of peafowls from Europe to US is possible.

Back
Top Bottom