How do you sell your duck eggs?

Darkjeweler

Songster
8 Years
Aug 16, 2011
Sanford
Ok, so I am being over-run with fertile duck eggs. Has anyone had any luck selling duck eggs in your local area? What is the secret? I have posted a couple ads on Craigslist, but have had no bites. I have about 40 eggs on my counter pulled from yesterday up to about a week & a half ago and I am getting more every day.. Should I start considering selling them as eating eggs or just put them into rotation in the incubator? (Some of these eggs will be quite old when the incubator will be ready again and I don't really want to buy another incubator. Ideas?

Mike-

Incubate and sell the ducklings?

hu.gif

Eat them yourself?

Our duck eggs sell for eatting the quickest. We have also sold hatching eggs, and had large orders for ducklings this spring that we set most of the eggs for.

That's funny beause I can't sell my duck eggs for eating at all, everyone wants chicken. Luckily we all like duck eggs so we keep them for our own use and sell the chicken eggs.

Well, I have no problems eatting the eggs, however, there is just me and I am getting 4-5 eggs a day from the ducks + another 6 eggs from the guineas... I suppose I can try to sell them for eattng, but that seems like a waste of fertilized eggs.. :)

Wow. I had to buy more ducks to keep up with egg demand. I now have 15 layers and sell all my eggs. I am getting a dozen plus every day. First off I gave my eggs away and got people hooked on them. Once people try them I have a new customer. People who love them either bake or love sunnyside up eggs etc. I myself find them delicious any way I have used them but they are just simply superb in baked goods. They make pastries rise better and give a much richer taste.

TRY that angle to sell them, or do like I did and give a few people a sample to try. I now sell whatever I dont use myself for 3.50 a dozen.

I can't keep duck eggs on hand. I sell them for eating ($5.00 a dozen) and hatching eggs for $15.00. People that bake a lot ALWAYS want my eggs. Duck eggs are great for baking.

I can sell just about all the chicken eggs I want in my area, what ever we don't sell we eat. I am going to start a duck flock to use as layers and have thought about this as well. I am fairly sure I would be able to sell the duck eggs as well. I sell my chicken eggs for $4.00 a dozen....I cannot believe you are only charging $3.50. With feed being as high as it is I had to up on my price. As much as ducks eat I am really surprised you sell them for that, but in some areas you just cannot get what you want for them, and I understand that.

~ Aspen

Well in my area chicken eggs go for 2.50 to 3 a dozen....im in rural NW PA...i only charge enough to cover food and hay etc. My feed costs are held down by two things. Acres of rich woods full of bugs and slugs where they free range all day and the fact that layer pellets only cost me 12 a bag.

Back
Top Bottom