How do you sell your extra peacocks?

People around here have no problem paying $35 for a 10 pound duck, which is why I am afraid to sell my yearlings for less than $40 each.

-Kathy

People around here have no problem paying $35 for a 10 pound duck, which is why I am afraid to sell my yearlings for less than $40 each.

-Kathy
Do you know where this location is, they got this on facebook

India Blue Peachicks for sale. Keeping the prices low to find good homes for these babies asap. I have three 5 wk old straight run chicks $15 each - 4+ month old male/female pair $75, I have two pairs available and one 4+ month old male peacock chick for $35. Located in the foothills 8 miles above Bangor, California. 95914 - Between Oroville/Marysville/Grass Valley - Sorry no shipping - Please message me or email .////////////////////////////// if interested,

Most people don't realize it but the end of the line for many many extra male peas = Taxidermy.
hit.gif

Most people don't realize it but the end of the line for many many extra male peas = Taxidermy.
Yep that is why on my for sale page I list that I will not sell to a taxidermist or someone buying for a taxidermist.

I forgot who once said this, but I think at the Mount Hope Auction one year a taxidermist bought lots of adult peacocks just for taxidermy.

If you look online, taxidermy peacocks go for way more money than a live bird would go for. To me it is funny to pay more for a dead bird than for a live one, but that is just me. I know that the dead ones cost more because of the time it takes to mount them, etc. Lots of the mounted ones just don't look right though. Their faces always look funny or people put their neck in an un-natural position.

Another thing I have noticed is on feather selling sites, sometimes they sell a full peacock skin. The same theme is almost always apparent in these peacock skins...The train is always half way grown in making me think they plan on killing them when the train is still in good condition and not too long. I saw a green peacock skin for sale recently and wondered if they killed it just for the skin because it had a half grown out train.

By the way I am not against taxidermy. As I type, the room I am sitting in has two white tail bucks and two ducks. I just don't like the idea of buying an animal just to kill it for its skin. All the taxidermy animals in our house were hunted and eaten not raised and loved by a person and then being sold for slaughter.

Last edited:
We take our culls to local farm animal auctions, there are quite a few of them around here. Found a trader at one of them that would buy all my yearling cocks for a fair price I could not get from people around here. He takes them to OK and resells them.

Back
Top Bottom