1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How do you ship a live rooster?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sarahloveschickens, Nov 5, 2008.

1. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Hi. I want sure where to post this... so sorry if its in the wrong spot... How do you ship a live rooster? Im not sure how

2. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    anyone.. please?

3. DUccleDude

DUccleDude Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Cameron Mills, NY
    I think you have to get a special box and find out if your post office will ship live birds. over night shipping I think

4. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    You can ship with American Airlines priority shipping. You will need to have a shipping box that is Airline approved for live birds. The cost will be by weight and size of box. Look at the web site and give them a call.
    www.aacargo.com

5. orcasislandchickens

orcasislandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    I just got 2 hens today. You must have an approved box. Then you can ship through the post office, just like sending chicks. You put food and a watery substance like juicy fruit in the box and send it the fastest way possible, overnight if you can.

My hens got here in a day and a half.

On the box it says Horizon Micro Systems for shipping live birds for the Us Postal service.

www.hm-e.net
    ph. 800 443-2498

Do a search on byc for shipping birds and you will find some very good info.

Caution it is not cheap: I have paid $40- $60 (including the box)

I shipped a parrot once Delta Dash for $90

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by