How do YOU store your chicken feed???

same as most - galvanized trash cans with tight fitting lids. i had put some in an old cooler, but those darn mice chewed out the drain plug and got in.
Our old barn cat passed away and need to get a new one

smile.png

Quote:
Me too, except I made 1/4 plywood dividers to make 4 large sections in mine for different types of feed. I also use a defunct fridge for my flock raiser, since I buy 8-10 bags at a time. The smaller end section is a great place for meds/supplements. The freezers (for those who haven't seen this type of set up) is that the old fridge/freezer is set up on blocks/bricks on it's back, so it's then top loading. I can keep bird, horse & cattle feeds in one place
smile.png

WE store feed in sacks; 2 50lb bags to a 50 gallon blue HEAVY plastic barrels that have heavy screw on Lids.

I would say the gauge of plastic is at least 1/2 inch. I would hate to get clocked with one.

We also keep our chicken and dog food in really large galvaized trashcans with bungee cords from one handle--thru the lid --to the other handle.. I leave the food in the org bag, just open the top and use my large metal scoop to get it out.. I have two cans at the chicken coop==one with birdseed and treats, the other one holds extra bags laying pellets.

We built a small hopper inside the chicken coop. It fits 2 bags of feed, and the feed just comes out the bottom when you open the hatch. No critters get to it because it is inside the coop in the corner.

I use one of those metal toolboxes, that go across the back of a pick up. You can find used ones pretty cheap. They hang on the wall, with a good sturdy bracket under each side. It holds 1 bail of shavings, & 3 50# bags of feed. Not to mention the hand tools & spools of wire that fit in the trays.

Back
Top Bottom