how do you switch watering systems

pheasantfrenzie

Songster
8 Years
Jun 17, 2011
Montrose,Co
Can anyone tell me if I will have a problem switching my birds from a open waterer to a rabbit waterer without a problem. Not sure if I can just swap them out if they will figure it out right away or if there is something elses that I would have to do to get them used to it.
Thanks for any info

Are you talking about the water bottles? They adapt well to those since the shiny part attracts them
smile.png

Oh, sending you eggs tomorrow btw
smile.png

I didn't have a problem switching mine over. I put the rabbit waterer in the same place and one girl went right over and drank out of it like she used them all the time. Everyone else followed suit while I watched them.

Unfortunately, their human didn't know how to work the waterer and I came back a couple of hours later and the whole thing had dripped it's contents out. So I switched back only because I'm lazy and don't want to clean up the mess again.
big_smile.png

I had switched two male cots to a wire cage and I had to have a rabbit waterer and they started using it right away.

A thirsty coturnix will peck at anything to get water! Mine generally adapt well from the flat game chick mason jar water founts to the pop bottle founts (commonly deployed on my farm) with little intervention on my part. I would say the same for the rabbit water bottles.

If you are totally paranoid about switching, then taint the water system you are going from with ACV, and keep the new system pure H2O. They will move to the new system without thirsting to death.

Back
Top Bottom