How do you take chick pics??

Toi-toi

Songster
9 Years
May 12, 2010
Central MA
I see so many great chick pics here.
I take a lot of chick pics but they are always looking down or from back shots. No great face pics...
hmm.png

They keep eating or moving.

How do you take great pics???? Not about camera, just simply how???
I want chickie's face pics, not bum pics!!!

What else is true is that for every great shot there are about 10 that are worthless or not as good. Thank goodness for digital cameras.

I try to take photos of my girls in natural light, without using the flash if at all possible. The flash can startle them, and it distorts their pretty coloring. It also helps when taking close up photos to use the macro setting on your digital camera, if it has one. On mine the button for that setting has a little tulip on it. Hope that helps!
smile.png

ETA: I should have read your original post more closely before offering unneeded camera advice! My apologies.
smile.png
Using treats definitely helps, as does just taking a ton of pictures. You're more likely to find good ones if you have a lot of them to choose from.

Last edited:
When they have treats esp. worms, they go nuts!! Running around all over the place.
Impossible to take pics...
But I didn't think about "showing them, not feeding them". I should try that.

Molly,
Thanks for pointing "micro setting". That's great tip
smile.png

I wonder why my chick face is all fuzzy and background is so clear
tongue.png

I find I get the best shots if I hold them in/on my hand. Letting them perch on a couple fingers takes alot of their concentration and you just need to be kinda quick with the trigger. Plus, if they start flapping around you can get some great wing shots if you are lucky
big_smile.png

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom