how does $2.25 sound

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickachickawhat, Apr 16, 2008.

1. chickachickawhat

chickachickawhat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    hartford county ct
    for a dozen eggs how does 2.25 sound

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

What's your hens diet do they free range, ETC. But most likely it a good price.

3. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Sounds great!! I never hatched any Eggs before and I bought a Hova Bator that I will pick up on Saturday! I just want to experiment with my son and see if we can hatch anything, but did not want to spend SO MUCH! WOW. I went to eggbid and ebay, found some that were interesting, but your price sounds really good! I will take any donations as well, we are most likely going to sell any that hatch anyways (well, since I am addicted I might keep a few). Let me know! Anyone! Thanks!

4. chickachickawhat

Mar 16, 2008
    hartford county ct
    my hens have a huge from to pick on the grass and grit. and i let them free range on 3 acres on all greens and anything else then can find. it seems like anything that is green they eat

5. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    I've been selling mine to friends and neighbors for 3.00

6. chickachickawhat

Mar 16, 2008
    hartford county ct
    that awesome but i dont want to raise my price because my elder neighbor had me come over today. i gave him 4 eggs last week to see if he liked them and he said they were the best eggs he has had in 50 years. so he was like want to make a deal? he wants to get a dozen eggs each week for 2.25 but i kinda want to lower it because he is so sweet but i dont want to lower it because i wont be making enough. im getting 21 eggs a week so im only selling them to him for now but when my 3 other pullets start to lay it will mean 42 eggs a week then i will start to sell to everyone.

7. babychickfarmer

babychickfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

We sell ours for $4.00 a dozen, and we free range and give them organic layer pellets ,scratch, and greens that have overgrown from our greenhouses pretty much anything they want outta our farm store and everythings organic. The only kicker is we can't label our eggs organic, it costs an extra $250 with our WSDA.

They "Organic free range" Eggs in a grocery store are up to $4.99 a dozen and we know that those chickens don't really get to free range at all.

8. Double-T-Family-Farm

Double-T-Family-Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Midwest, Wisconsin
    good luck getting every chicken to lay a egg everyday.. lol we have 21 layers and we barely get a dozen a day and we only sell our eggs for $1.00 a dozen here

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Base your prices off of what your local economy is like. Take a peek at what store eggs are and go from there. I sell for 3 a dozen, which is under priced, but my customers have to go out of their way to come get eggs, rather than just pick them up from the store while they are there.

10. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    There is no reason that you can't sell your eggs for a higher price to everyone else and keep his at the "low introductory offer." [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by