How does ordering work?

If I go through MPC it says +$10 to get sexed chicks. Is this PER chick, or per order of a certain breed? Thanks so much.
Never been a fan of MPC. I had to look into the $10 sexing fee. It appears that's for the bantams. LF was like $4.
They are crazy high priced on everything. Just for fun I checked a couple things. 4 silkie pullets would cost me a total of $107.
4 mixed breeds they're calling favaucanas would be. $170.
Those prices are beyond ridiculous..
You know you can go through a show breeder and get some real quality birds cheaper then that.
Making that much off of hatchery chicks and another hatcheries chicks at that I'd have some kick b*tt customer service too.

At Meyers (again it's where I've been, so I'm using it as example) you can order either, straight run (mixed), females, or males. And there is no $10 fee involved to get just girls!

https://www.meyerhatchery.com/productinfo.a5w?prodID=AMAS

I don't see what you are talking about that is a link to EE's and it shows the difference in prices between males females and straight run, like a buck...

I bought 7 girls this spring, no $10 surcharge

Gary

Edited... Oh MPC charges $10..... Duh

Last edited:
So I should give Corid, just assuming they might have Coccidiosis? I used to work for a vet, and we did fecals on dogs and cats. We didn't deworm unless we found worm eggs on the microscope. With chickens, it's not harmful to deworm without knowing for sure?

Marcy is just gorgeous!

No problem, pugnut. You didn't hijack the thread. I need to learn all I can! I'm glad I don't have to order online now, after hearing about all the potential problems, and the biggest problem--the shipping costs! Tractor Supply said they would order me chicks, and I was wondering if they would pass the shipping fee on to me. I guess not, from what you said, Chickadoodles. Anyway, I'm thinking of getting young pullets instead of brand new chicks. It probably won't cost that much more from a local breeder, and I'll know the sex for sure. Can they be as tame if you buy them when older than if I'd raised them myself?

Back
Top Bottom