how does this price compare to / ACK! I was wrong in my posting...

Petfooddirect.com delivers. You can usually find a 20% off coupon, which kinda ends up like free shipping.

B

$5.49 at TSC for the big 7 CF bale last time I bought any. It might have been a sale price, don't remember. I buy around 15 or 20 at a time and even with all the coops, brooders and chicken houses it last quite a while. I can tell you the current price next week though as I'm down to two bales now and have to do the fall clean out starting this weekend.

At my local saw mill I pay $2 (Canadian) for a bag of shavings. The bag is any size I can bring: big or small they are the same price. You dig yor own from the shaving shed at the saw mill.

If you fill an truck (Ford F150) and they do it for you, it is $10 (Can) About $11 US.

Just bought four bales: 12 cu. ft. for $9.99. (The Livery in Ramona). I'm cleaning out the coop tomorrow and getting ready for the winter. Supposed to get a storm this weekend so it looks like it's time to start winterizing things. I'll put 2 1/2 down in the coop and have the rest on hand to add when needed and keep the nest boxes clean.

edited for spelling

Last edited:
Ours are free
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom