How does this site work???

BaileyMChicks

Songster
May 8, 2015
Wisconsin
Ok, so I'm new to BYC and I've been posting questions in the new member intro thingy, and I was wondering how to actually post things, if that made sense...like in the chicken behavior thingy. Cuz my chickens are acting broody, only to find out they're not. So, I'm just wondering how this site works, and I looked in the thing I'm supposed to read. Am I missing something?

Sorry if this was confusing....

And also, how do u change ur profile pic or avatar or whatever it's called? I can't figure out how.

Last edited:
Up at the top right there's a profile, click on that and it tells you how to post an avatar. Basically it will search your computer and you click on the picture you want and click on OPEN and it goes to the avatar.

Posting pictures, you click on that scenery picture about an inch above this sentence and it will give you the same search to your computer. Same click on picture, click on "open" and it will deliver the picture.

You may need 10 or so posts to open a thread. Scroll to the top and on the left you see New Thread or Post. Click on one of those.

I will find you the links.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/204/backyardchickens-forum-faq/0_50#post_1198

Last edited:
Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family.

Welcome to BYC!

There is so much information here and it covers a lot of topics so it can be a bit overwhelming to start with. Jump in and start using it and it will start to make sense soon. Also, if you post something in the wrong place, either someone will probably point it out to you.

Nice to have you here!

Don't feel badly. I have been on BYC for over 5 years and still haven't figured out how to post photos - have to have someone do it for me. I am not at all techy even though the family is.

Welcome to Backyard chickens, glad you joined the flock
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom