How durable are these chickens?

That is so cute !!! But... Be certain your chicken run is child proof! You sure don't want either a chicken or the child getting hurt out there when you aren't with them.

Yes he can't get in or them out without me. I need body armor for the chickens from this boy
smile.png

I think it is wonderful that your little one is learning how to treat and take care of animals at a young age, I believe this will stay with him for his whole life and he will be a better person for it.. Bless you.

Yes Silver Laced Wyandottes. The hands are more dangerous, those little fingers grab hard. He is used to handling my Great Dane. Chicks are a bit more fragile.

Haha. That clip was funny. I know what you mean about grabbing hands. When toddlers get excited they tend to tense up and quiver, don't they. My neighbours' kids came over last year to see my first batch of chicks. The 3 year old was holding one of the chicks, the chick started cheeping, the kid got excited and accidentally clamped down on the chick. Its little eyes nearly popped out! But no harm done, the chick was fine. I think its better to let young kids be 'hands on' with proper supervision than to keep them away. If you do that they'll just want to try and sneak in and play with the birds when you're not looking.

By the way, VERY cute kid. And your coop and run look fabulous too. Lucky chicks!

Back
Top Bottom