How exciting!

kaity1

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 31, 2014
It's my first time incubating eggs and I just finished candling them and so far 9 of 12 are going strong AND I could see them moving inside! Omg yay!
1f60a.png

Congrats on your developing eggs :celebrate I would still leave your others in until next candling just incase. Some eggs don't always show much development at the first candling but do on the second. I always leave mine till the second candle as I read about people thinking they were clear or quitters only to find out when the cracked that there were live embryos in them. Wishing you the very best of luck with your hatch :fl

Thanks a lot!:thumbsup I candelled again and they are developing well and so cute. .. Well I think so anyway:ya I'll keep you updated

So lock down is 6 days away and I'm getting paranoid! I'm so worried I'm going to do something wrong and lose all my babies
1f62f.png
so far I've got 9 still growing. I've been marking the air sacs and they have grown. I've got some little eggs and big eggs. Should I keep an eye on a certain size. Like will the small hatch quicker? Do I check for internal pips by candelling after lock down? Thanks guys

So lock down is 6 days away and I'm getting paranoid! I'm so worried I'm going to do something wrong and lose all my babies
1f62f.png
so far I've got 9 still growing. I've been marking the air sacs and they have grown. I've got some little eggs and big eggs. Should I keep an eye on a certain size. Like will the small hatch quicker? Do I check for internal pips by candelling after lock down? Thanks guys

After lock down I have a rule DO NOT OPEN THE INCUBATOR it messes with the humidity and can cause all sorts problems. I don't open untill it looks full of chicks which can be 36 hours plus after the first one has hatched. Some times smaller eggs hatch first but not always. Try not to worry and enjoy the hatching experience. Good luck

After lock down I have a rule DO NOT OPEN THE INCUBATOR it messes with the humidity and can cause all sorts problems. I don't open untill it looks full of chicks which can be 36 hours plus after the first one has hatched. Some times smaller eggs hatch first but not always. Try not to worry and enjoy the hatching experience. Good luck

Thanks! But do I not open to add water, do I add enough to last the hatch on lockdown day?

Omg omg! I have a pip!!!!!!!!! Eeeeeeeek so excited watch this space

Back
Top Bottom