How far would you ship hatching eggs???

AmberRex

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
I could find nothing really on this in my search so I said that I would make a new thread!

Across the next few years I plan to be importing and exporting a few hatching eggs of various breeds. There are few breeders of specific breeds in Ireland and there are a few specific breeds that I would like to get and likewise I have a few breeds of both duck and hen that I have a surplus of eggs from at different times of the year so, my question is.. How far would you ship hatching eggs? Would you send them across seas or just across country and how far across country would you go? If you get my meaning... Thank you in advance!
jumpy.gif

.I am in CA and have gotten e-bay eggs for years but only from certain sellers. You will need to take in considerations such as what is your fertility / hatch rate with your eggs? For example.... Certain roosters paired with certain hens can have stronger fertility/ hatch rates against others. So know your numbers. If you will offer a guarantee hatch rate you are taking a big risk if shipping outside the US.. the farther you send eggs the more likely they will incurr rough handeling meaning lower hatch rate.

.I am in CA and have gotten e-bay eggs for years but only from certain sellers. You will need to take in considerations such as what is your fertility / hatch rate with your eggs? For example.... Certain roosters paired with certain hens can have stronger fertility/ hatch rates against others. So know your numbers. If you will offer a guarantee hatch rate you are taking a big risk if shipping outside the US.. the farther you send eggs the more likely they will incurr rough handeling meaning lower hatch rate.
So say for example if I had a good breeding pair which were working well together... Would you buy eggs from me, considering that I live in Ireland and you live in California? (Not an offer by the way just an example...
wink.png
) which is apparently.....5,061 miles or 8145km according to Google.

Back
Top Bottom