How Frustrating! - Niacin

MrsKemmerlin

Songster
8 Years
Feb 14, 2011
Round O, SC
I have been everywhere - Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, GNC, Tractor Supply - And no one has niacin OR brewer's yeast!
he.gif
Suggestions anyone on where I can get some!? Reasonably priced, because at the rate I'm going I'm going to have to order it from somewhere!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
If you are using the Save-A-Chick and the finisher from TSC that is formulated for ducks to then you shouldn't need extra niacin. Mine only needed the extra niacin when we got them because they were on a feed formulated for broiler chicks and not ducks. I only gave it to them for about 2 days and they were fine when I switched their feed and water and we haven't had any problems at all for the last 4 weeks. Hope that helps
smile.png

The only place we found brewers yeast in our small town was our 1 natrual food store, 1lb can for like 12.00 or buy it on line. I have used Purina Flock raiser on all my ducks goose and chickens and never had any legs problems but when our duckling hatched and mama rejected it I was worried she might not be getting the nician since my flock free ranges and mama knows where all the good stuff is, so I have been putting it in her feed.

Brewer's yeast: grocery store in the bulk bins. It's a bit spendy. Might be labeled "nutritional yeast"

I buy niacin tablets for $1.95 at the Grocery Outlet. The non-flush is hard to find, but when you find it, it should be really cheap.

Quote:
Hey Oregon Blues that really surprised me to see theres a Grocery Outlet out your way, we have them over in Western N.C. too. Great place to buy Bryers Ice cream
big_smile.png
sorry this has nothing to do with nician.
hmm.png

I'm lucky that we have a store nearby that sells feed concentrates. They sell 50 pound bags of Brewer's yeast for $44. However, in order to get enough niacin you'd have to add about 6 bags per ton (2000 lbs) of food. I'm currently working with a local mill to mill my own recipe (but I have to buy 2 tons at a time: that's 80 bags!). What I did for the niacin: I went to the local pharmacy store and bought niacin tablets (also called vitamin B-3. You may have to look under the B vitamins. Most pharmacy stores carry it).

Back
Top Bottom