how high should the run fence be?

I purchased some used 4' horse fence 2x4 squares real heavy stuff on craigslist $100 for 330' roll. So I stacked it and made a 8' fence. Now my concern is the top because there aren't many trees around here but many hawks in the area.

My question too! I need some sort of 'roof' and would like to really strap the tarp down (makes awful racket on windy days)--pvc idea looks great!

Neither of our runs are very high. One is 4 feet and one is 3 feet. BUT, we hardly ever need to go into them, so height is not an issue. If we do we just crouch down. We hace various implements to reach in and grab anything we need too remove.

I LOVE this idea and we are going to swipe it from you
wink.png
How much longer were the PVP pipes versus the width of the run, please?

Georgiagail, Great idea for the run. I was wondering about the roof you have for your coop. What is it called and did you use that to get more light into the coop? I'm building a coop and I'm pretty sure windows are going to be below our budget...Thanks.
big_smile.png

New to the site here. I absolutely love the pvc idea! If it ever stops raining we will get to start our coop and run. I think we will be looking into how to incorporate that into ours. Our posts for the outside will be only 6 foot when planted and both hubby and son are well over that. I was trying to figure out how to keep the hardware cloth from sagging in the middle. AWESOME idea.
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom