how high should the run fence be?

Our run was 7 feet wide so we cut the PVC to 7 1/2 feet. Eight feet made it seem too high since the run was already six feet tall and would require more hardware cloth. Here is how we worked each section:

84140_img_0826.jpg

Attached the end section by first attaching it to the rail of the kennel, then the last PVC pipe, then trimming the extra.

84140_img_0883.jpg

Hope this helps.

Gail

Georgiagail, Great idea for the run. I was wondering about the roof you have for your coop. What is it called and did you use that to get more light into the coop? I'm building a coop and I'm pretty sure windows are going to be below our budget...Thanks.
big_smile.png

New to the site here. I absolutely love the pvc idea! If it ever stops raining we will get to start our coop and run. I think we will be looking into how to incorporate that into ours. Our posts for the outside will be only 6 foot when planted and both hubby and son are well over that. I was trying to figure out how to keep the hardware cloth from sagging in the middle. AWESOME idea.
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
That is perfect! Thank you soooo much! Dh was going to build the run out of wood, but I mentioned the old dog kennel that we don't have to use anymore because the dog is finally well-behaved enough to listen.
lol.png
This will save him (and me!) a lot of headaches. I can't thank you enough!
love.gif

This is a great idea - I was trying to explain this concept to my husband and now that he has seen it he loves it too ! thanks for all the great information. We were lucky enough to get the coop in place in between rain drops but I do not think our run will ever get finished because of the rain.........we need sunshine !!!!!!!!!

That is a pretty cool idea. I would worry about snow/ice load on it in the winter. Our run is 8x30 and 6 feet high. We installed cross beams from pillar to pillar. We draped deer netting for the roof and attached it to the sides with wire ties. It does get loaded with sticky heavy snows and ice. If it gets real bad I have to go in and knock the snow/ice down.

How do you think this would do as far as keeping out raccoons and predators?? I am trying to come up with a c over for our new kennel/run. It needs to hold up to snow and keep out varmits! I like the look of yours on here but won't work with heavy snow loads. It LOOKS predator proof.

Back
Top Bottom