How humid is too humid?

Yay it's fixed! Thank you so much! The water valve had come apart (I think I had probably never put it together) and the whole of the bottom tray was full of water. The humidity is coming down now, it's already down to 58%. It's a good job I didn't rely on Brinsea. Their support dept. were going to call me back this morning, and they haven't replied to any e-mails. Thanks again!

I'm glad I could help and good luck with your hatch.
big_smile.png

Aghhh the temperature spiked at 107 today in the incubator. I'll be amazed if these eggs hatch.

ACK! Cara, are those my eggies you're torturing?
sad.png
That's it..I want them back. LOL

Just kiddin'. If this hatch don't work out, I'm sending Oreo.
gig.gif
Oh, that's not punishment..crud.

Sorry..had to make some fun of a difficult situation. I hope my babies make it through ok and your bator cooperates. Keeping my fingers crossed!
fl.gif

Jody

I'm afraid yours are my first guinea pigs. I have no idea what's going on with the crazy incubator, every other time I checked the thermometer it was perfect.

I hope it's my thermometer that's acting weird, its recorded a max of 118 now. I may as well give up on them now :mad:

I would first replace the battery in your themometer to see if that helps. Plus get a second one to compare the temps too. I use a refridge/freezer themometer inside the water wigger to test mine. Plus the one from flukers inside I clear the high/low temps daily on my test runs to see if I need to make corrects. You may need to calibrate the temps now that you have the humidity under control. If that doesn't help you may need them to send you a replacement. I have read on different boards that some are just defective from the beginning. You might have a bad one. You can also get one of the accurite themometer with the probe and use that in a water wiggler too. Hope you get it worked out.

Back
Top Bottom