How I help weak baby chicks to survive. Hope it is helpful.

HELP one of my day olds is very weak and getting weaker. I have been hand feeding her with a dropper of pedialight now I am on to water and life-lytes I understand sometimes they don't make it. My question is I have been taking her out to give her water even half hour or so. Now it is nighttime do I let her sleep and hope for the best in the morning or keep watering her thru the night? She is oozing yellow water poop all day I have been cleaning her off and blow drying her. I have tried to give her yogurt in her beak raw egg yolk in her beak soften chick feed and scrambled egg with garlic. I cannot get anything besides water into her tiny beak. Please someone answer soon I would like to make her as comfortable as possible if she is dying or save her. I thought I was well prepared but I guess still not

I have recently bought 4 baby quails but one of them has slowly developed a wonky foot. It started just with one toe but now the door is curled under and she doesn't use it. She limps a little when she walks but it's not to bad atm. I have had a similar case with a chicken, as it got older it found it harder and harder to walk on it. It eventually ha to be put down :( I was wondering if anyone ha had a similar situation? Or if anyone knows what courses it or what it's called when that happens? Thanks :)

Wow. I wish I had seen this 24 hours ago! I lost a chick last night, and if I had done this I bet I could have saved her. First chick I ever lost and I feel horrible. Also had to explain to my 4 year old daughter that "Butternut" didn't make it. I will bookmark this page. Thanks again.

Wow. I wish I had seen this 24 hours ago! I lost a chick last night, and if I had done this I bet I could have saved her. First chick I ever lost and I feel horrible. Also had to explain to my 4 year old daughter that "Butternut" didn't make it. I will bookmark this page. Thanks again.

How old are your little baby's ?

What are you feeding your baby's ?

Are you putting anything in the water ?

Hi. I hope you respond. I loved your article and actually about 3 weeks ago it helped me with my little Miracle. We hatched 11 but had 1 who tried for 48 hours, finally we helped. I know they say not to but we did. We are new at all this but have become more knowledgable. That was March 30. The 11 are in their new coup separated from our full grown hens (21). We did not hat C&h them. Anyway Miracle is still here and it's been a journey. I am the Mom. I finally got her a companion, a baby bantee, Millie, because she was smaller and wouldn't pick on her. Her growth is much more slower than the other 11. She is a third of their size. I have got her on electrolytes, vitamins and probiotics in the water, not commercial starter feed, but much better farm our local feed store. She seems active. It's been a long road but I noticed something new and it worries me. She is when standing up, has her head in normal position but keeps it slightly turned to the side she favors. It seems as if she also has that she holds the opposite side up a little higher to. I'm not sure what this is. I'm sesparate and if I had 65.00 I'd take her to the bird vet. Any ideas? Hoping u can help me with an idea. I don't want her to grow lopsided.
1f615.png

My last chick hatched the other day, and it was the last one. As soon as I put it with the others she/he started getting picked at. I thought this was normal, but I came back and she/he was being vigorously peaked at, and had lost an eye. It seemed all the others were bullies, so I just separated him/her. It won't eat or barely drink, and has a lot of trouble standing up. What should I do to save her?

I read all of the posts but still have a question. This is my first time getting chicks from MPC and I have one out of six that seems more listless and is sleeping much more than the others. I am also new to chickens as of Oct 14. I brought them home from the post office 10 hours ago and they all looked great. She is still eating and drinking, do I need to worry or do anything special? I don't want her to die. I am checking every hour or two for pasty butt. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom