How I raised chicken "friendly" guineas! and colors

Was that dog house on the ground, or already elevated? All of them in there for the night kinda shows some potential for your future plans, if you still decide to go that route.
50 acres needs more than 11 Guineas tho!

Was that dog house on the ground, or already elevated? All of them in there for the night kinda shows some potential for your future plans, if you still decide to go that route.
50 acres needs more than 11 Guineas tho!

These are to be my flock builders ... in time? I'll be as guinea crazy as you (although it's gonna cost me tons of money for even more rolls of fencing, and lots of hand-split posts/rails ~'-)

The igloos start on the ground, and slowly creep upwards, and the chickens get tossed in first, so as to train the more chicken-hearted that it ain't a big guinea-eater w/ no eyes and a big mouth. <-- sounds a bit more like a description of me, but don't tell them that.

I think I'm gonna try building modules that connect, both to each other, and to the entrances of chicken houses. That way, I might be able to train 'em to use these boxes, no matter how they're configured. Sorta like extra-large building blocks, that will each fit in the back of the mule. If I wanna gather/move any birds, I can close the interior door before sunset, and slide in the outside panel after dark ... something similar to the way my brooder was designed.

Back
Top Bottom