how I was woke up at 4 in the morning.

Fancie

Songster
11 Years
Oct 31, 2008
Illinois
This morning around 4 o' clock our dog starts to go off barking. Thinking it was possibly I coon in the yard my hubby gets up to investagate...

Next thing I hear is "get out" "can I use the bathroom?" "No get out!"
Some guy just walked into our house. We live next to the middle of no where, don't know how he got here or where he went...

The guy left with no trouble. He had to be drunk or on drugs or both.

But I guess we need to get in the habit of locking the doors again.... I just never thought... we would need to here.

For the first time in a long time I realize the importance of having a dog... and locking doors

Last edited:
wow! that is creepy and weird! are you alright?

and yes - big dogs, gate, fence... you just never know. wow!\\

did you make a police report??? maybe want to make sure the sheriff knows whats going on in case it wanders in again... or maybe they know him already

glad you are safe!

Wow, that very well could have ended bad! Glad you are ok. So scary.
Living out in the middle of nowhere is the best place a crook could go, no one to hear them, see them, and it takes longer for help to arrive. So we always lock up, we were robbed in broad daylight, they broke the window, cut the screen and climbed right in. We do have neighbors but no one saw a thing. So we have Guardian Protection and it makes us feel a little safer in the wee hours of the morning!
Again, so glad you are safe!

wow that is creeeeeepy! Perhaps he has some severe mental problems. My BF always checks that the door is locked before we go to bed and I always say dont be so paranoid...well...maybe hes right!

Glad you are ok and nothing happened!

He could have been sleep-walking due to stress/drug interactions/etc. People don't realize that they go off doing whatever when they sleep-walk. My boyfriend does it, it scares the life out of me.

that could have turned bad at my house. if he managed to get past Peno the killer Min Pin he would have met Suzy Side By Side.
glad you're ok. start locking down at night.

Was the man, by chance, Robert Downey, Jr.????

lau.gif

oh my god that's so scary!!! Yes, very good to have a dog though.... stuff like that creeps me out so much, I'm so grateful for my dog, she's a boxer/pitt mix... she's a very sweet and loyal family dog. She's good with my chickens and my 3 year old son, but it's comforting knowing that she could rip an intruder to shreds
wink.png

Thank heavens your ok! I had an intruder walk through my house one night while my DH was out of the country. Before I realized what was going on my german shepherd went right to work, and chased the intruder out my house through our property to a fenced corner, and kept him there until a neighbor heard all the noise and called the police. The police were impressed with my dog who backed off immediatly when the police arrived, and my dog got HUGE hugs from me. One of the police officers made it a point from then on to stop by and check on me on occassion. I think he really wanted to see my dog, but I didn't mind either way.
gig.gif

Bluemoon

Back
Top Bottom