How is egg production in geese?

tongue2.gif
lol.png

Our pekin was good layer. She laid an egg almost every day even in winter. We lost her to a bobcat last summer. I miss her.

I've heard Perkin being great for laying many of which can even outdo any chicken. Unfortunately I don't like duck (the Muscovy being an exception just due to them tasting like beef when cooked). I can't even feed duck to my animals due to there sensitive stomachs.

I've only had ducks and geese for a little over a year now, but my muscovys have been laying all year long. I've let them hatch some and take some of them up. However, they do become broody quite often. I use the eggs like I do chicken eggs, but I find them better for baking as everything seems lighter and fluffier.
I have 3 different breeds of geese, and I have a white chinese goose that has been laying since she was around 6 months. She had about 20 eggs in her nest but when she didn't go broody after a while, we took the eggs. She has been laying an egg almost eveyday now. I was told 50 was the average, but she broken that as she has laid over 60! I'm not kidding. And she is still laying and even in snow and ice, She does't fit the profile, but then I really haven't read up on them much. I just thought I'd put this out there.
idunno.gif

I've only had ducks and geese for a little over a year now, but my muscovys have been laying all year long. I've let them hatch some and take some of them up. However, they do become broody quite often. I use the eggs like I do chicken eggs, but I find them better for baking as everything seems lighter and fluffier.
I have 3 different breeds of geese, and I have a white chinese goose that has been laying since she was around 6 months. She had about 20 eggs in her nest but when she didn't go broody after a while, we took the eggs. She has been laying an egg almost eveyday now. I was told 50 was the average, but she broken that as she has laid over 60! I'm not kidding. And she is still laying and even in snow and ice, She does't fit the profile, but then I really haven't read up on them much. I just thought I'd put this out there.
idunno.gif
Hi Hot! You do similar with your muscovies as I do....
As for the chinese, they´re top layers, and can lay up to 100 eggs, OR MORE! Enjoy your goose eggs!

Back
Top Bottom