How it happened?

Speaking of Captain (his name. ), this is his look-a-like son. His mother is the daughter of the mother hen I showed in this post.
20220722_100800.jpg

20220722_100803.jpg

Currently, this little guy is looking for a new area to start his own flock. I would keep him, but I'm sure y'all know how we can't keep thousands of roosters in one area.

14 week update on the pullet: (I'm in love with her at this point.)
View attachment 3279701
View attachment 3279702
Wow, her lacing is really crisp and beautiful now! I've never seen lacing like that on a crossbreed! Also, I love her leggings. I'm starting to have doubts about her parents, though. Her lacing appears to be blue, while her parents are not. That would be impossible. Did you have any blue birds on your farm?

Wow, her lacing is really crisp and beautiful now! I've never seen lacing like that on a crossbreed! Also, I love her leggings. I'm starting to have doubts about her parents, though. Her lacing appears to be blue, while her parents are not. That would be impossible. Did you have any blue birds on your farm?
we only had light brahmas at the time and with her being a brahma mix, i dont see a blue bird being the parent unless we had blue brahmas or something. No pure blue roosters at the time but a dark brahma mix roo and a blue laced red wyandotte. As of now, only pure brahma we have left is her mother.
Her father, more accurately is a rir, golden sebright, legbar, and copper maran mix. (Father: rir, golden sebright, Mother: Legbar, copper maran)
The blue laced red wyandotte with copper maran made an all blue pullet so there's a possibility there, but its low he ended up being the father.
20220812_154031.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom