How Long After Internal Pip Should You Assist

Does this mean I assisted too soon? She had just a tiny bit of bleeding from her “belly button” but it stopped pretty quickly. Found this inside the egg.
C61E9B26-1523-4295-B897-DF584BFF62C5.jpeg

I just couldn’t wait. I felt pretty strongly that something was up, so I removed just a little more and found her lil foot! I think this is a malposition, right? So it was a good thing for me to help?

All blood vessels have receded and she looks good otherwise. Talking up a storm!View attachment 1245246
Yes this is a malpossition. :) glad shes doing good.

It looks like you are doing a good job helping her out so far and it does indeed look like all the blood vessels have receded in that area, all good things! I'd say just keep doing what you're doing by slowly helping her out if she doesn't make any progress on her own. Just be very careful that her yolk is fully absorbed before taking any of the bottom she'll off. Give her lots of time. For ideas on humidity, try misting warm water, little dishes of warm water or a sponge soaked in warm water added to the incubator to make it more humid in there for her. She might be slightly mis-positioned as well, but her head and beak is up in the air cell area so that's really good!

I just couldn’t wait. I felt pretty strongly that something was up, so I removed just a little more and found her lil foot! I think this is a malposition, right? So it was a good thing for me to help?

All blood vessels have receded and she looks good otherwise. Talking up a storm!
60999a99-4681-45d4-8154-a38617f00a7d-jpeg.1245246
"Excellent foot over head" picture!

And she’s out! She does have some curled toes and is stumbling around the incubator while she dries off. I will fix her toes with medical tape or bandaids. At this point I don’t think her legs are splayed, as they are right under her, but she can’t quite stand on her own yet.

I’ll keep an eye on her, but want to fix those toes ASAP. When she came out of her shell one leg was up over her head and the other was waaaay in the back of the egg behind her.

Back
Top Bottom