how long before duckling can walk? She was just born a few hours ago.

Same thing is happening with my little one I had to help her / him out the mom hatched 2 out 2 days ago and I helped out 1 there's still two in the nest hoping they will hatch out I'm not sure if I did the right thing by helping it out but the mom didn't want anything to do with the nest after the first 2 hatched what do I do

So...how long would, how many days of still being clumsy and not walking would indicate niacin deficiency, based on this post regarding how long to learn how to walk?

Sadly, it hurts the duckling if you help it out if the egg. They need to fight to get out, that is how to gain strength. Same with a butterfly, they won’t be able to fly. A neighbor did that to one of the eggs she found, the poor duck didn’t have strength, her neck became crooked. It was heartbreaking. Make sure the duck gets some Brewer’s yeast at least. Please research how to care for duckings.

Sadly, it hurts the duckling if you help it out if the egg. They need to fight to get out, that is how to gain strength. Same with a butterfly, they won’t be able to fly. A neighbor did that to one of the eggs she found, the poor duck didn’t have strength, her neck became crooked. It was heartbreaking. Make sure the duck gets some Brewer’s yeast at least. Please research how to care for duckings.
This is quite sad. I think I'm seeing what you mean.

Not even sure why it happens. It doesn't make sense but seems to be true what you said.

Back
Top Bottom