How long before vent gleet is serious?

SamCO

Songster
Mar 8, 2022
Northern Colorado
I have sweet one-year-old salmon faverolles. She was broody and raised three chicks for a few weeks. Then the rest of the flock rejected her and we’ve been gradually trying to get her re-introduced. It appears now that she has a vent gleet. I’m guessing due to the stress of being bullied. we finally have her re-introduced and peaceful within the flock along with all the chicks. I started treating her monistat and probiotics two days ago but unfortunately, we are headed out of town for five days this weekend. Her symptoms have not improved. She is still eating and active and bright. I’m not sure if she’s laying. I do not think I can find anybody while we are gone that will be able to treat with Monistat the way that it needs to be treated. Does anyone have experience and know how long they can go with vent gleet before it becomes serious and causes death or injury? Think she’ll be ok enough for me to start treatment again when we get home? I’m so worried about her and it’s adding a tremendous amount of pre-travel stress. Thank you.

No bugs that I can find. It’s white and gooey right around her vent and in the feathers underneath. Definitely doesn’t look like stool. I can’t tell if there’s an odor, but I’m sick and VERY congested 😬. I’ll try to get a photo tomorrow. Her stools seem normal. Thanks for replying.

Does the discharge reappear even after you clean her up really well?

I'd treat her until you have to leave, then resume treatment when you get back.

If she's eating/drinking/pooping (like normal) and active, then she likely will be o.k. for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom