How long can a duck leave nest for?

DuckCommander

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 24, 2012
Alberta
With spring here and opening up the door I had a duck and a hen decide to abandon their nests today. Both were setting duck eggs, I caught the ducks abandonment early enough and with the help of another hen the eggs did not go cold at all. BUT the hen that abandoned her three eggs, I do not know how long the eggs had been left. They are more cold then warm to the touch. Will they be ok? They were due to hatch April 26-28. They are call duck eggs.

With spring here and opening up the door I had a duck and a hen decide to abandon their nests today. Both were setting duck eggs, I caught the ducks abandonment early enough and with the help of another hen the eggs did not go cold at all. BUT the hen that abandoned her three eggs, I do not know how long the eggs had been left. They are more cold then warm to the touch. Will they be ok? They were due to hatch April 26-28. They are call duck eggs.
I've had chicken eggs hatch when they got cold when mama was off the nest to long. So close to I hope they hatch for you.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom