How long can a hen leave eggs

Can you get a still picture of each egg candle? Video is difficult for me to see, but a closeup of each egg I could give you an opinion on for ewch egg!
I’m giving it a try😊 not including #1.

8FDFAEF5-E5C8-4BA9-B690-36CE1EF89014.jpeg
9442DBB7-7B95-4203-907A-99E95C594A63.jpeg
2086F75F-E7B7-4936-8449-F09415B97E81.jpeg
3EC8ACF9-52A4-4A2D-B12A-3FD41BB5E7F2.jpeg
B9B78E65-278B-4463-954B-8634BB4B0A32.jpeg
7B3EE933-2BB2-42F1-BCA5-408027C0A041.jpeg
E5202D2E-A80B-4C2D-89AA-3A904AF9ACEE.jpeg
E7C3A377-848B-45F7-97DE-540E7D70118B.jpeg
BD29AB40-C6D9-4338-B874-BB48858C492C.jpeg

I would say a definite not fertile on #6

#8 and #5 seems to be not as far along as the rest by at least a few (if not more) days.

#7 seems to be right ahead of 8 and 5

#9 and 10 are hard to tell--not sure if it is because of shell color or they are full of baby chick

#2, 3 and 4 look to have the best veins but again don't seem to be at the same development stage or it is possible 4 quit/is quitting. #2 looks the best in my opinion

**Note I am not an expert by any mean, others are far more experience and hopefully chime in too

VIDEO UPDATE :! Day 12? 15? Any eggs absolutely not viable? Any thoughts?
the first one doesnt look so good, but its hard to tell on camera. Can you see any veins or movement in that one? If there are veins/movements, they're viable. You have a bunch of eggs looking really good there. I am limited in how much I can comment on them as I'm on my phone rn and the screen is pretty small.

Perfect display! Okay.
Yes for viable and healthy, no for probably not viable at this point. Always check for veins and movement before tossing any egg as we are somewhat limited in what we can see. If ever in doubt, dont chuck it out! I like to give them a couple more days if I'm unsure, unless there is a bad smell.

#1 I think we all agreed no? No photo to comment on anyways.
#2 yes
#3 yes
#4 yes
#5 I think so, most likely, but do check for movement and veins, sometimes they dont show up on camera. I believe we saw movement from this one in the video, so I'd say yes.
#6 no
#7 yes
#8 yes
#9 Further along or darker shell, keep your eyes open for movement when candling, it's harder to tell on camera.
#10 Same as 9, I'd guess both are okay, unless there is a bad smell. Do you have a brighter candling device you could try?

I would say a definite not fertile on #6

#8 and #5 seems to be not as far along as the rest by at least a few (if not more) days.

#7 seems to be right ahead of 8 and 5

#9 and 10 are hard to tell--not sure if it is because of shell color or they are full of baby chick

#2, 3 and 4 look to have the best veins but again don't seem to be at the same development stage or it is possible 4 quit/is quitting. #2 looks the best in my opinion

**Note I am not an expert by any mean, others are far more experience and hopefully chime in too
I agree with you, though I would say that 4 looks okay to me, good veins, perhaps just slightly behind

I would say #1 for sure and then there was one that looks pretty porous and empty-I would have to watch again to give you the exact number-I can if you want.

I also saw one that looked closer to a day 5/6 not 12-15--is there possible a staggered lay date? Again, I can't remember the number (should have wrote it down sorry). Let me know if you want me to watch again.

I would say all those that you see super strong veins are going well!
Could you mean 6 or 7 look empty? Not sure which one you think is a late addition. I can imagine one is late. She got kicked out often and I might have mixed it up. Maybe you mean #10? Pictures might be good but you might need to watch video again. 🫣

Could you mean 6 or 7 look empty? Not sure which one you think is a late addition. I can imagine one is late. She got kicked out often and I might have mixed it up. Maybe you mean #10? Pictures might be good but you might need to watch video again. 🫣
Post #22 gives you my guesses, I went back and looked at the video and your pictures again

Perfect display! Okay.
Yes for viable and healthy, no for probably not viable at this point. Always check for veins and movement before tossing any egg as we are somewhat limited in what we can see. If ever in doubt, dont chuck it out! I like to give them a couple more days if I'm unsure, unless there is a bad smell.

#1 I think we all agreed no? No photo to comment on anyways.
#2 yes
#3 yes
#4 yes
#5 I think so, most likely, but do check for movement and veins, sometimes they dont show up on camera. I believe we saw movement from this one in the video, so I'd say yes.
#6 no
#7 yes
#8 yes
#9 Further along or darker shell, keep your eyes open for movement when candling, it's harder to tell on camera.
#10 Same as 9, I'd guess both are okay, unless there is a bad smell. Do you have a brighter candling device you could try?
I agree on all this. 1 and 6 look clear like they never developed. If in person you don't see veins, at this stage veins and a good size dark spot should be visible.

Going to rewatch the video too.

Back
Top Bottom