How long can ducklings stay in an incubator?

Feeling Clucky

Chirping
Apr 20, 2022
Hi! I have ducklings due to hatch in a few days and have a trip scheduled the day after they hatch. How long can they safely stay in the incubator before being moved to a brooder? It would be about 36 hours after they hatch I would be back (and we do have someone watching over them if they need to move them before they have just never dealt with an incubator or ducklings this young). Thanks!

They can go a little over 48 hours without food or water after hatching. As long as you have a non slippery surface in the incubator they should be okay. If they've all hatched before you come back, it's also okay for your sitter to remove them from the bator and put them in the brooder.

They can go a little over 48 hours without food or water after hatching. As long as you have a non slippery surface in the incubator they should be okay. If they've all hatched before you come back, it's also okay for your sitter to remove them from the bator and put them in the brooder.
Thank you so much! This is really helpful. I think they will be alright as well! I appreciate the info!

Back
Top Bottom