1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How long can eggs stay unrefridgerated

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickonaroost, Sep 18, 2007.

1. chickonaroost

chickonaroost Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    If you go away for a weekend, do you use the eggs that have probably been in the coop for 2-3 days? I do, but should I?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I would use them unless the temps outside have gotten into the 90s...two days should be no problem...My opinion tho.....I leave my eggs I have collected for the day on my kitchen counter atleast overnight sometimes two days before I refrig. them...but I have AC in my house so that helps...In Europe they do not refrig. their eggs....

3. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    boy I am glad asked that question I was wondering that myself since my hen just started laying a few weeks now I was worried about leaving them out there to long I try to collect them right away but my hen does not make ANY noise when she lays so it is hard to tell unless I make 1000 trips to her box LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by