How long can I leave an incubator unsupervised?

Not a concern.. even if you are not there the eggs will hatch. The chicks are fine for 3 days without feed or water..

I have no idea what you can program into your incubator. I have GQF incubators and Hatcher’s.

Program?

If you broke that 1602n in properly and calibrated it correctly, it ought to stay bang on forever, mine does.

When you say DIY-ing the fan, are you just installing the fan that is sold for that incubator, or are you rigging up another fan? If the second, make sure it's a *circulating* fan, and not something pulled from a computer or the like, those blow too hard.

The humidity should be okay for 3 days, depending on how it's running. You'll know within 12 days whether your home is humid or dry, and can guesstimate how much to leave in there.

The incubator fan kit they're selling for is 30 bucks so I was thinking of installing a computer fan. I guess not anymore, lol. What else do you suggest?

Whereabouts are you located? If you keep humidity low enough prior to leaving, I'd bump the humidity up for hatching right before you leave. A day or so early for quail lockdown, but better to have it up since there's a chance of pips before you return.
Or maybe wait till the day you leave to make the decision, based on growth.

PNW. It's not too humid or dry here. I think it's perfect, haha.

I'll do as you say since day 15 is a little close. Wouldn't want to take any risks! How low should I keep humidity down before I leave? Do I need to adjust temperature before leaving?

If you broke that 1602n in properly and calibrated it correctly, it ought to stay bang on forever, mine does.

When you say DIY-ing the fan, are you just installing the fan that is sold for that incubator, or are you rigging up another fan? If the second, make sure it's a *circulating* fan, and not something pulled from a computer or the like, those blow too hard.

The humidity should be okay for 3 days, depending on how it's running. You'll know within 12 days whether your home is humid or dry, and can guesstimate how much to leave in there.

Decided to come back here and ask... How would I "break in" an incubator? This is my first time incubating so I have no idea.

Are you talking about these kinds of circulating fans?

Decided to come back here and ask... How would I "break in" an incubator? This is my first time incubating so I have no idea.

Are you talking about these kinds of circulating fans?
The 1602n specifically you need to let run for a week and then play with it to adjust it in.

No, those aren't the right sort of fans at all. You'd want the sort that Incubator Warehouse sells.

Back
Top Bottom