How long can they rock for?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jennyhaschicks, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    This is my fifth hatch and my last two didn't go so well. We are on day 20 and one egg was rocking this morning and early afternoon. With my other hatches I never noticed the rocking so I have no idea how long it can go on for. Can they rock around for a day?
    Honestly my last two hatches yielded 0 chicks so I am in panic mode. I did only put a few eggs in each time, but still that is pathetic.
    I am so paranoid I am going to lose the one chick that I know is alive in there. I candled all five of the eggs a couple of days ago so I know they are fully developed.

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I am by no means an eggspert! I am just now on my second hatch. I can tell you that I did notice the rocking last time. I had 2 that I know rocked off and on for 24 hours plus. Relax! If you candled and all seems fine, just keep an eye on your temp and humidity. Good luck and let us know how it goes. I am on day 18 and getting anxious too! [​IMG]

3. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:Ok so I haven't gotten to 24 hours yet so I am doing good. [​IMG]
    Haha Relax.. Easier said than done. [​IMG]

Good luck with your hatch btw.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by