How long can you store eggs for out of the incubator and how

From what I've heard it's 10 days. Put them in sterile egg cartons and leave in a cool place (no, not the fridge :p), fat end up.

I will be setting some that will be three weeks old. I expect about half of them to develop, rather than most of them. Given a choice I'd prefer to set eggs 2-10 days from lay.

They are on a table in my office, in a Little Giant turner, fat end up.

Last edited:
From what I've heard it's 10 days. Put them in sterile egg cartons and leave in a cool place (no, not the fridge :p), fat end up.
The experts will tell you 10 days or less is the best. Many will won't go past a week. It's pretty much agreed that past 2 weeks significantly lowers the hatch rate.

I think it is better to move the eggs around a little when you are storing them. I wouldn't leave them just sitting in an egg carton.

I think it is better to move the eggs around a little when you are storing them. I wouldn't leave them just sitting in an egg carton.
Most people believe in turning them while storing just as you would during incubation. If you have them in an egg carton, you tilt the egg carton 3xs a day. Some people use the auto turners for the incubators and just have them on a table or counter.

Last edited:
Most people believe in turning them while storing just as you would during incubation. If you have them in an egg carton, you tilt the egg carton 3xs a day. Some people use the auto turners for the incubators and just have them on a table or counter.

Good ideas!

Will it lower the hatch rate if I leave them out for 4 to 10 days

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom