How long do chickens take to hatch out ?

count duckula

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Silver Spring
We have 6 chicken eggs in the incubator. 1 has hatched. He started chirping about 7:00am and hatched about 6:00pm, but no action out of the other eggs. just want to know how long it takes for the eggs to hatch.

Did you lock them down with higher humidity for hatching? They take 21 days to hatch, lockdown is day 18. Perhaps some research is in order...there is some GREAT threads on here that will teach you A TON about hatching!
smile.png

My bantys usually hatch in about 19 days. I have 3 hens sitting right now and I forgot to write the date on their eggs, and it seems like its been weeks! It is about 110 each day, so I have been giving them frozen water bottles in late morning which usually lasts tell 5PM when I take them away. What I am thinking is -- did the eggs get to much heat and they will not hatch? This has happened before, and I just hate to think of all that time wasted trying to hatch these eggs. But Monday is it -- off they go -- I need them to get back into production, because we really miss the eggs. I am only getting about 1 to 3 eggs a day, and what with baking etc., I need more production.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Also the type of incubator and temp makes a difference!Lower heats will take you to day 21..........Mine are usually day 19-20 but i will keep them on lockdown till day 23. I have had some hatch really late.

Last edited:
Are any of the others pipped? They can take a couple of days
idunno.gif
long enough to make you blind and crazy from trying to see
ep.gif
If you go do anything else they might start hatching as long as you keep trying to watch they just sit there

Quote:
I totally agree!
If you are asking how long it takes once they start hatching it all depends. Some of mine have hatched in a few hours and I have ad some taken 48 hours. My average is about 18 hours.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom