how long do I isolate

hello.
do you free range your chickens? if you do, then i would suggest an introduction that way might work. thats what i did, with new flock etc.
however i have read on byc that others introduce at night time. how many other chickens are you talking about? and is there another rooster already?

goodluck

have you got him in quarantine to make sure he has no illness or mites? or are you just waiting to introduce them, I think a lot of people would say a month for quarantine, but I'm new to this too so hopefully 1 of the experts will pipe up.

No There are 2 roosters that was offered to me. I don't have them yet. Not sure if I want them yet. My 22 hens free range on 3 acres of grass & large trees.
I just don't know where to keep them if I take them . I guess it's taking to big of a chance not to

well if you know the birds and the flock they are coming from just make sure there isn't any sickness in that flock and check them for mites before you take them, I don't think roosters will have that much trouble joining a flock of hens, especially free ranging, but you need to introduce them to the coop so they know where home is.

Back
Top Bottom