So my sweet lil white leghorn has been on antibiotics for 5 out of her 10 day course with no sign of improvement. Wondering how long to wait before we need to start thinking of alternatives. She's barely eating and pants a lot. I just don't want to prolong the inevitable if it indeed is inevitable. If she was going to start feeling better wouldn't the meds have kicked in by now?