How long do ISA Browns lay for?

ISA browns are similar to battery hens, if not the same. Well their average life span is about 4 years old. But i have one who is 7 now and another who just recently died who was also 7 and still laid 4 eggs a week. You can expect them to lay lots off eggs until about 2.5 years old and then you will porbably get 4-5 eggs a week off each hen. They will probably not stop laying unless they get really old. I had a 5 year old one who laid 5 a week. They are great layers, but because of that they do sometime gets problems because of it.

I got my first ever ISA Brown pullet chick born on March 12. Well, she JUST laid her first egg today. She is only 14 weeks old!! I could not believe that she laid this perfect little, dark brown egg. She even laid it in the chicken boxes like my last year's hens. Has anyone heard of a pullet laying this early?

Hello. My ISAs seem to have all but stopped laying. They're supposed to be 2.5 years old, now. We've had them for a year. They layed well for 6 months then petered out. Our EEs and Wyandottes are the only ones laying, now. I might get 1 egg every week from 7 Browns!

Are they older than we were told? 3 did pass away randomly, from no apparent causes.

Last edited:
My Isa Brown is AWESOME! She lays an egg EVERYDAY, and it weighs consistently over 82gms with 91gms being her heaviest. NEVER A DOUBLE YOKER, THOUGH! She's UNBELIEVABLE!! This is her first year laying too. WOW!

Back
Top Bottom