How long do pheasants need heat

User1234

In the Brooder
May 13, 2023
I have 20 ring neck pheasants ageing from 3 to 4 weeks it only gets down to 15 Celsius at night how long do they need heat

Sorry it was a brief description I was in a rush, they are in a pen out side with a small insulated coop they don’t have heat during the day but do at night. How long do they need heat at night for?

I would say to at least have the heater on for at least the next 2-3 weeks. If you need to take out the heating element sooner it is possible to take it out within the next week. Since there is 20 of them they will get plenty of warmth from bundling up together.

They need heat until fully feathered out or the ambient temperature is 70°F or above. They can not regulate their own body heat until they are feathered out.

Thanks I’ll keep it on for a while it gets up to 30 sometimes during the day but still goes down to 15 at night

One more question totally unrelated, has anyone heard of a place called farm birds USA. I’m trying to buy peacock pheasants off of him and I’m just wondering if anyone has heard of him before. I’m doing online so I want to make sure it’s not a scam.

Back
Top Bottom