How long do quail live for?

Sep 7, 2019
California
Hi! I just wanted to know approximately how long my quail are going to live. I've heard 2 years and 3-7 years, but how long do they actually live for?
I keep my quail in cages with lots of space, clean food and water, and sunlight daily. I don't force my female quails to lay eggs during the winter.
So is 2 years is the average of a quail with good living conditions, or can they live past 2?

They can definitely live past 2 when kept properly. They're small animals, so 3-5 years is pretty reasonable. People tend to slaughter them once they get past egg-laying age anyway, so most don't test how long they live. I've seen a couple people on here with 7-8 year old quail, so that's definitely possible, though it's unusual.

the average life span is 2-6 years depends on how much they lay or breed and such. I'm 90% sure males live longer. but you can get females to live much longer than that, but for females after the first year their egg production is the most productive, so people cull or harvest the birds for meat :D i hope this helps and have a wonderful day

Back
Top Bottom