How long do you guys let eggs rest after shipping before incubating?

funnybirds

Songster
9 Years
Oct 16, 2010
I had heard it was at least 12 hours but was curious about other folks methods and the reasoning behind it.
Thanks!

At minimum 25% better hatching rate. I used to have miserable hatches with shipped eggs. I now have eggs come from Washington State to me in Florida and have 75% hatches regularly.

I let them rest overnight, then put them in the incubator but don't turn on the turner until day 3. I think it just gives that aircell a chance to really settle and perhaps even reattach. Don't know for sure but just know it has worked out well for me.

I know this is an old thread, but I am interested in trying this!! I just got my eggs in today, and was planning on putting them in tomorrow. If any of the responders to this thread see this, how did your hatches go when trying this approach?

Thanks!

I know this is old, but I'm curious about this too. I got the eggs in yesterday and was going to put them in tonight, but then I jostled the package around a bit getting it opened and transferring the eggs. Do they need to "re-settle" now? I wouldn't usually think of the jostling as too serious, but having just arrived via USPS I'm wondering if I might want to wait another 12 hours?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom