How long does it take for a small scrap to heal

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hteeter2, May 15, 2018.

1. Hteeter2

Hteeter2 Chirping

Mar 7, 2018
    My 6wk old mille fleur d’uccle got a small scrap on the top of her foot. I cleaned her up, and she seems to be doing just fine. For the next few days or so; I'll be keeping a close eye on her. How long should she take to heal?

2. rosemarythyme

rosemarythyme Crowing

Jul 3, 2016
    Pac NW
    My Coop
    Chickens heal pretty quickly from minor injuries. Hard to give an exact time frame but maybe a few days, a week at most? Yes keep an eye on it and as long as it doesn't swell or seep, get red, she doesn't limp, etc. it should be good to go.

Hteeter2 likes this.
  3. Hteeter2

Hteeter2 Chirping

Mar 7, 2018

She hasn't limped at all... I've been watching her, and acts like nothing happened to her. She is keeping up with her buddies, eating, drinking and pooping. They act more like something is up. Her buddies have been sticking extra close; even more so than they normally do. It's like they are more upset that she is hurt than she is. Those three have been tight since the day I put them together in the brooder box.

4. Fishkeeper

Fishkeeper Songster

Oct 30, 2017
    Central Texas
    Treat it like a skinned knee on a human; wash it when it first happens, then leave it alone unless it starts looking infected. She'll be fine.

Hteeter2 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: