How long does it take for flock to accept a newbie

tpeila

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 19, 2010
University Place, WA
We had 5 hens and added 1 more hens and 2 pullets. The established flock seems to still be picking on the new hen! It has been 5 days. How long will they keep picking on her?

It depends on how they are introduced...i stuck to bantam brahmas in with my 3 9wk olds and after about 4 days my bantams startwd to lay andecking order was figured out....

I must advise that ot is reccomened you keep new addition seperate for at least 30 days to insure good healt

I'm not worried about health. All of our hens came from the same very reputable farm. Tomorrow will be one week. They are still picking on the older hen in the morning in the coop before they are let out :(

How many square.feet hVe you alotted each bird inside the coop? They might feel crowded or could just be bored...have you tried any toys? Its amazing how quick they learn to get along when they have to sjare a pile of sinflower seeds...i also supervised my birds for about an hour...anyti,e the aggressor pecked one the.baboes.i poked her.woth a stick...seem to work cause now a grab my stick and.the aggresor turns and waalks away

Back
Top Bottom