How long for quail eggs?

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I have Texas A&M white cortunix, and button quail eggs in my bator. It is day 13 on both. How long does it take them to hatch? I thought it was 16 or 17 days, but now I'm not so sure. These will be my first quail, and I don't want to mess up!

18 Days
smile.png

Quote:
Oh I hope so!! I ordered 12 cortunix eggs, and received 18. One was broken upon arrival, and 10 were scrambled, that I could tell. Day 7 had one with a blood ring, and now there is one of the 6 left that is clear, but looks like one of the others is too, just can't tell for sure. That leaves me with 4. 3 deffinitely are developing, and the other is too dark to see through. I also have 20 button quail eggs, but I can't see into those at all. I hope I get at least a pair of each.

I'm so afraid I will mess them up!! I thought it was supposed to be 17 days for quail?

Ok- here is my take on quail (I have hatched button).

ALthough all the info says 16 days, that does NOT count the first day as ONE, but as ZERO. So, to me it is 17 days from the day they are set. BUT- I have had them hatch out on day 18 as well.

Stop turning on day 14 if you count the first day as one.

Hope this helps!

Jayne

Please disregard my last post. I did a search on "hatching quail," and included some author names. Lots of good info, like: lower temps and higher humidity than for chicken eggs works better. And the incubation period is usually around 16 days, unless your temps are off. I love the search function on this site!

Back
Top Bottom