How long from pip to zip and out?

dancingchicken77

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 22, 2008
Australia
i'm new to this, only my second batch of 3 eggs to hatch - dying of waiting, today is day 20.

can i ask, how long is the quickest they can go from pip to zip to hatch? 1 hour or quicker? and how long can it go for at the other extreme? 24 hours?

btw, this waiting is AGONY!!!

I have had them pip and go right to zipping and be out in about 15 minutes and then on the extreme have had them pip and sit in egg for up to about 28 hours then pip. Sometimes they have already absorded and they are ready other times they need oxygen and havent absorbed and sit there until they do and sometimes they just cant get out due to too dry to big a chick and cant turn to zip. So there is no way to tell what they are going to do, Its called sit on your hands and wait wait wait and hope

I'm Pippin, Zippin & hatchin right now. Drives me crazy every time.. Mine are on day 20 too so I was suprised they started hatching today. Check out my Abused eggs hatching thread for the details. You can see how fast they came by the times posted. Right now I have 3 that were moving earlier but still not pipped yet. It is hard to tell their progress because the live chicks are moving those eggs all over the place. One is still pipped and just starting to zip. I heard them peeping in the shells at 10:00 am this morning. still have 4 to go out of 8.

Back
Top Bottom