How long have you been keeping chickens?

How long have you been keeping chickens?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes. Apparently chicken math applies to other species. Do you miss having them?
I do. Once covid happen, I bought some chicks during this year but my mom was so angry and didn’t want to give up the spot where I used to keep chickens. Her anger shocked me when I joked about ordering chickens prior. She seem supported back then but until I bought them home. I saw her true feelings. LOL

I do. Once covid happen, I bought some chicks during this year but my mom was so angry and didn’t want to give up the spot where I used to keep chickens. Her anger shocked me when I joked about ordering chickens prior. She seem supported back then but until I bought them home. I saw her true feelings. LOL
I'm sorry. I have seen a lot of suffering with Covid, anxiety and just a general feeling of not being safe. Maybe one day you can get more. We lost a lot in the last four years, our home flooded twice, once during Harvey, we rebuilt and bought more and then lost over 20 when we flooded again in 2019. Now we are in a different house on higher ground and I had added more plus guineas.

What made you get into chickens? Was everyone in your family onboard?
Well my mom had chickens when she was younger and when I was a kid. But I didn't necessarily care about them or take care of them. So when my mom bought an order of like 20 something chickens, I "claimed" a couple of them. Now I love them all too much and they are mine and my sisters, not my mom's anymore. Yes, I am pretty sure all of my family was onboard. Especially me and my sister.

I'm sorry. I have seen a lot of suffering with Covid, anxiety and just a general feeling of not being safe. Maybe one day you can get more. We lost a lot in the last four years, our home flooded twice, once during Harvey, we rebuilt and bought more and then lost over 20 when we flooded again in 2019. Now we are in a different house on higher ground and I had added more plus guineas.
I found Covid allow me to channel back my old roots. Which was refreshing. Downside of the past lockdown caused me with lots of boredom and feeling crazy to work a lot and can’t go nowhere to relief stress.

Back
Top Bottom