How long have you been keeping Chickens?

How many years have you been around or keeping Chickens?

• All My Life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40+ years

• 30+ years

• 20+ years

• 10+ years

• 5+ years

• 2 to 5 years

• This is my first year and loving it!

• Total voters
30+ Years and still loving it. I started when I was 10 years old and now I'm 43, and there was only one year I didn't have any chickens. This year I bought my first of two factory made bators and since the I've become a bonafide hatchaholic, I have 12 in lockdown right now!
lol.png
The eggs are the best by far, but I also love their company and long talks we have. They also produce the best manure, nothings beats "chicken flavoring" the soil. I love on occasion joining the girls in a chorus of the egg song.
wee.gif

This is my first year having chickens of my own and it's SO much fun! We had chickens when I was growing up but they were just "white chickens" ordered 25 at a time and I never really thought about them. Boy is this a whole new ball game! I have 11 now and each one has a name and a different personality. I too, visit with them and have my gossips and my needy girls. What's even more fun for me is watching my kids with them. Both DS and DD have autism and the chickens have been a huge opportunity for growth and teaching. It's really helped DD to understand there is a world outside of her own and that she's responsible for something other than herself. Not to mention that for the first time in his 11 years my DS will eat an egg. Leaps and bounds of growth! Right now we have our first broody, 4 days away from hatch and the excitement here is through the roof.

Wouldn't trade a single minute for anything. Love my chickens!

Back
Top Bottom