how long my lights?

flopsy

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 29, 2008
I've got my lights coming on in the coop at 4:30 a.m. They go off at daylight. Do I need them to come on in the afternoon. They are on the roost shortly after 5 p.m. Thanks

IMO, that looks good. Are they just now getting this light?

I realized something a couple days ago. In my efforts to encourage my last pullet to finally start laying (mission accomplished
smile.png
), I pushed the light hours up to 15. Now, I will probably feel the need to have a light for them thru April . . . ! Otherwise, they will experience a decrease in light during early Spring.

I suppose this should be fine since an 11w CF bulb costs about nothing to run and early Spring weather isn't very warm here. The birds are happy to be closed up at night well into April.
roll.png
Hmmm

Steve

Nope, you need to add all the additional time in the morning, so the flock can go to roost like normal. I have the timer set for 2AM to aquire the needed 14 hours of light for omtimum laying.

Having the light go out after dark with the flock caught off the roost in the dark isn't a good thing.

Try to find where you are going in the dark?

Hands down, the AM hours is where the added time is needed. Good Luck and nothing but the best.

bigzio

Back
Top Bottom